Representation(s) of Jews
- February 4, 2016
- Posted by: Pincus Fund Staff
- Category: Featured, Informal Education, Professional Development
Szombat (Saturday in Hungarian) is a Jewish cultural and political magazine that is published 10 times annually. In addition to the magazine, Szombat also runs conferences, symposia and research projects, as well as educational courses to promote Jewish knowledge.
The educational project being supported by the Pincus Fund is comprised of three series:
- The History and Image of the Jews of the 20th Century (12 sessions)
- Representation of the Jew and the Question of Anti-Semitism Today (8 panel discussions)
- Literature of the Shoah by Survivors and 2nd Generation Authors (18 sessions)
All of the series are being accompanied by school curriculum development professionals who will work to create lesson plans and teaching materials on the topics for 16-18 year old Hungarian youth.